Monday 17 March 2014

#DavesWalk

#DavesWalk

Fundraising Walk

A fundraising walk is a popular way to support your favourite cause. Between 23rd June and 14th July 2014, one of our volunteers and leaders will be supporting Penge Green Gym by hiking along the backbone of England.
“I
thought that walking the Pennine Way would be a fantastic way to
fundraise for my local community group whilst also getting active in the
outdoors!” said David Fergusson. “It will certainly be a challenge;
I’ll
need to build up my endurance, my mental strength and my stamina too.”
Dave is currently taking a career break and he said, “It
is a classic walk and an unforgettable experience. My life is my
message to the world. I wanted to do something inspiring; I wanted a
real physical challenge; I wanted to be able to say, ‘Yes, I did that!’

The Pennine Way

Fundraising Walk
The Pennine Way
“The Pennine Way is the most well-known National Trail,” explained David. “It is 270 miles long and I’ll be high above the nearest villages, with just the weather and wildlife. From
Edale I’ll walk in open moorlands through the Peak District and the
Bronte country.  Then I’ll cross the Yorkshire Dales and Three Peaks
country.  After Swaledale, and some tough climbs, I’ll see High Force
waterfall and High Cup Nick, before walking Hadrian’s Wall. Finally I’ll
cross the Cheviot Hills to reach Kirk Yetholm in Scotland.”
Dave is now in training by walking the Capital Ring and the North Downs Way. Follow his progress at #DavesWalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment